Looking for the best Bitcoin casino sites on the Canadian market? Our team has put together a comprehensive comparison list alongside a useful guide for playing with crypto. Play with coins such as BTC, ETH, LTC and more!
Find out how you can start gambling with cryptocurrency today by continuing to read below. We'll also cover what advantages you can expect when playing with Bitcoin and altcoins at online casinos.
Best Bitcoin & Crypto Casinos in Canada – 2023
|7Bit Casino||5.0 / 5||100% up to 5 BTC & 15% Cashback|
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
|Winz.io||5.0 / 5||300 Free Spins|
Zero Wagering Requirements
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
|Rocketpot||5.0 / 5||10% Cashback and Daily Prizes!|
T&Cs - Play responsibly (18+)
Casino Frog’s guide to Bitcoin casino sites
The team at Casino Frog CA has put together a guide to help you understand how Bitcoin casinos work and why they’re worth a visit. For the best possible experience, we recommend preparing by acquiring a crypto wallet along with some crypto coins, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin. If you want a low barrier entry, you can get Dogecoin too.
Before you get started, our advice is to familiarize yourself with cryptocurrency and how it works on its own. This will make it easier to get into the Bitcoin casino market and everything that it has to offer.
Once you’re feeling a bit more confident, here’s a bit of what you can expect from our crypto casino guide:
- Advantages and disadvantages to playing casinos with crypto
- Which currencies are worth acquiring to play with
- How we review and rank BTC casino sites
- How to acquire cryptocurrency and start playing
- Frequently asked questions about Bitcoin casinos, answered
5 reasons to play at a crypto casino
Crypto has brought a lot of new features and advantages to the casino industry. There are a lot of reasons people like to play with real money, but Bitcoin and altcoins bring unique qualities that have changed the way players gamble online.
Casinofrog.com takes a look at some of the reasons players choose online Bitcoin casinos so that you can make an informed decision. Crypto gambling sites may not be for everyone, but these are the top 5 reasons why we think they’re worth a try.
With crypto being decentralized, you can count on your transactions not being tracked by banks, governments and similar entities. Your personal information isn’t shared with any third parties, it’s kept safe and secure.
Privacy is a concern for many players. It’s possible to play with Bitcoin anonymously. While all crypto transactions are logged, your personal data can’t be found in those logs. This means you can sometimes place bets completely anonymously, depending on which site you visit and which coin you use.
3. Rapid transfers without fees
A well-known perk of cryptocurrency is that transactions are always super fast. Deposits are instant and often come with no fee at all. Sometimes there’s a small, insignificant fee based on a small percentage. Payouts are also very quick, depending on the efficiency of the gambling site.
Crypto being a universal currency that you can get almost anywhere, makes it more accessible. You can usually visit and play at a Bitcoin casino no matter where you are located. However, do note that VPN is sometimes required as some casinos will block certain areas.
Paying and playing with cryptocurrency means you’re dealing with transparency. Every transaction can be traced and proven by any of the parties involved, even without personal details. This makes playing at a BTC casino site safer and more secure.
What not to do
Besides a few potential drawbacks with crypto casinos, such as the volatile nature of coins, there’s something else we recommend avoiding when dealing with cryptocurrency. We’re talking about trying to double your crypto. Don’t let anyone convince you that they can double your crypto.
Furthermore, be wise with how you spend your crypto coins at a casino. There’s no guaranteed way of winning or doubling your deposit. Gamble responsibly and decide on a budget before you start playing.
How we rank online crypto casinos at Casinofrog.com
Before you visit a Bitcoin casino online, we want to make sure that we’ve provided you with enough information. It’s also important that we’ve listed only the best, most trusted crypto gambling sites.
For increased transparency, the team at Casino Frog will cover the framework used to review Bitcoin casinos so that you can understand how our ranking system works. Below is a brief look at the various factors we consider when putting together our Bitcoin casino list.
- Security and safety. Sites need to be properly encrypted and prioritize the safety of the consumer. This includes having access to responsible gambling tools.
- Provably fair games. Some Bitcoin games are provably fair, meaning they use a special algorithm that the player can verify after playing to know that the game was fair. We look for these games while testing crypto casinos.
- Crypto payment options. Not everyone has a large crypto portfolio, which means there should be a wide range of crypto payment options at the casino. We like to list sites that accept the most popular coins as well as a few interesting smaller altcoins.
- Customer support. It’s important that a casino offers knowledgeable and available support, at most if not all hours of the day.
- Generous bonuses. Bitcoin bonus offers can be really, really big. It depends on the current value of Bitcoin. We prefer having the option to deposit as much crypto as we feel we can afford.
Which cryptocurrency you can use to play
There are a lot of cryptocurrencies out there these days. Besides Bitcoin and Ethereum, many altcoins have become popular and taken over the market. The same applies to the casino market, where many online crypto casinos are accepting a wide range of crypto coins.
Bitcoin is always a safe bet and accepted at almost every crypto casino, and even at many real money casinos too. There are however other options for those who prefer holding altcoins. We’ve put together a brief list of the most popular coins that you can use to pay and play at almost any crypto casino site.
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Tether (USDT)
- Monero (XMR)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
What crypto volatility means
We’ve mentioned crypto volatility before, but it may not be completely clear to everyone what it actually means. Crypto is a very volatile currency, especially compared to real money or stocks. What this entails is that the price of any given crypto coin (even Bitcoin) can go up and down within a short period of time. This is called fluctuation.
Investing in crypto comes with risks due to its volatility. Some coins come with more risk than others, especially altcoins. The potential upside of fluctuation is that the value of a crypto coin could go up significantly in a short amount of time, making your crypto casino winnings more valuable.
How to start playing at Bitcoin casinos
We want to make it easier for you to get started playing at crypto casino sites. That's why our team has put together this brief guide on how to acquire and play with cryptocurrency at online casinos.
It can seem a bit overwhelming at first but you'll get a hang of it quickly as you complete each step. Note that you can obviously skip the first 2 steps if you already own a crypto wallet and hold crypto coins accepted by casinos. Casino Frog is not affiliated with any particular wallet or exchange.
- Download a crypto wallet. To play at a Bitcoin casino, you'll need to hold crypto. To do that, you'll need a crypto wallet. You can find the best options at CoinMarketCap. Pick a crypto wallet that suits you, such as the Exodus Wallet, which is free. The wallet app will guide you through the steps needed to register an account.
- Acquire crypto and store it in your wallet. Once your wallet is set up, you're ready to get your hands on some crypto coins. You've got a wide range of exchanges to choose from, such as Binance, Coinbase or Kraken. Register an account with any exchange of your choosing. You'll be guided through the process of buying crypto, which is very straightforward. Buying and selling crypto can be done with a click of a button. You can then use your wallet address to send your acquired cryptocurrency from the exchange app to your wallet and safely store it there.
- Select a crypto casino and register an account. Pick any Bitcoin casino you like from the comparison list at the top of this page to get started playing. The team at Casino Frog has ranked the very best Bitcoin casino sites on the market. Sign up and follow the instructions on your casino account. You'll be given an address to which you'll be sending coins from your wallet so that you can use them to play at the casino and potentially win more.
- Deposit crypto funds. Now that you've signed up, you can start funding your account with crypto. Locate the Deposit page on your casino account. Choose which currency you wish to deposit. Copy your unique casino crypto address. In your wallet app, choose “send” and paste the same address. Confirmed and send.
- Play, win and withdraw your winnings. You're ready to play and win some crypto. Choose whichever game you like and start playing, just as you would at a regular casino site. The process for withdrawing your crypto winnings is similar to the way you deposit funds, only reversed. You'll instead be sending coins from your casino account to your wallet address. Copy, paste, confirm and send.
Yes, making deposits and withdrawals is completely safe and secure. What you should keep in mind is the volatile nature of cryptocurrency, and its fluctuation.
Provability is an algorithm that allows casino players to verify the outcome of a game after it has ended, to prove that it was in fact fair. It’s unique to Bitcoin games and is similar to RNG.
Yes, players in Canada are currently able to visit and play at a Bitcoin casino legally. Do note that some casino sites are blocking Canadian players due to regulation. There are many options out there though, and you can find them in our comparison list.
You’ll need to visit a crypto exchange to acquire coins. Sites such as CoinMarketCap are listing the currently most popular exchanges so that you can make an informed decision before trading.